Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th November 2016, 06:30 PM
Meandmymind Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
I need your help please

I have mac mini late 2012 and the wifi deosn't work. I have installed Fedora 24. Please help me as i'm in love with how clean this OS is. very, very elegant.
Please I'm amazingly beginner of Linux.
Old 12th November 2016, 08:58 PM
flyingdutchman Offline

macosfirefox
Re: I need your help please

You could buy an Edimax USB WiFi adaptor.
Old 12th November 2016, 09:37 PM
thick0 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

To clarify: is wifi not working after the F24 install or did it work at some point but stop working?

Try entering the following:
Quote:
journalctl --since=-"5 minutes"
(number of minutes is optional) immediately after switching on wifi. This will dump all system activity and should show how Fedora is reacting to the wifi adapter.

Cheers
Old 13th November 2016, 08:42 PM
beighes Offline

Location: Near Intel, Apple, AMD, Google, & the rest of the Corporate HQ's ......yuk!
linuxfedorafirefox

Probably irrelevant. After one of the upgrades F23, or F24 my aging iMac's wifi would not start. Someone on the forum suggested to "modprobe b43" to get the internal wifi on. So far, so great. That said, do you manually need to start the Mac Mini's adapter?
Old 15th November 2016, 06:34 PM
Meandmymind Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by thick0 View Post
To clarify: is wifi not working after the F24 install or did it work at some point but stop working?

Try entering the following:
(number of minutes is optional) immediately after switching on wifi. This will dump all system activity and should show how Fedora is reacting to the wifi adapter.

Cheers
Thanks guys I will try that. No, Wifi is not working at all when I install F24 from the first very beginning. I'm using wired connection for now. Thank you in advance.
Old 17th November 2016, 11:56 PM
Meandmymind Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

thank you all . this one has solved my problem http://cialu.net/blog/apple-wi-fi-fedora.html
Old 7th December 2016, 08:22 PM
ras47 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

I'm happy to hear you were able to sort out issues with your internal Broadcom card. Fedora 25 doesn't play nice with Broadcom, and Broadcom is seemingly in no rush to release new drivers. I fought with my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro and the BCW4352 card (a particularly difficult card) and found no joy. I tried everything I could find, including the exact solution you found. In the end I was forced to replace the internal Broadcom card with an Intel card. It's one thing to swap out internals on a Lenovo, and entirely another to do it on a Mac, so I'm heartened to learn of your success.

I bought this Yoga specifically to run Linux. I tried dual-bootiing my MacBook Air with several distros of Linux and had all manner of issues. Eventually I went to an Apple Genius Bar and had my hard drive wiped clean, then re-imaged with MacOS Sierra. That's when I decided to get a fresh pc for my Linux forray (life long Mac user). The Yoga came with Windows 8.1, I upgraded (?!) to Windows 10, and installed Linux Mint in dual boot mode. Just a couple weeks ago I I went completely Windows-less. I wiped the Yoga hard drive using Gparted on a Fedora 25 Live USB drive, re-partitioned, and installed Fedora Workstation as my lone operating system on the Yoga. I'm not gonna lie -- it felt good!