Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th July 2017, 05:45 PM
bedtime Offline

linuxfirefox
A forum for VM/Containers?

Fedora is known for their advancement in VM/Container software. Infact, I am using Fedora at the moment, and not Debian, because it has an easy to install open-source 3D accelerted VM rendering app for qemu, virgl. VM software is on the rise, and I think we can agree that that's not going to change for a while.

Docker is becoming the new way to manage servers, and Redhat and Fedora seem to be leading the way. Now people, like myself, are wanting to run desktops in containers for added security; I think it would be nice to have a place for full out VM/Container issues.

A couple times I made posts pertaining to VMs, and I had to put the posts in forums that didn't fully capture what I was asking. I see that there is a forum for servers and security, so maybe even a compromise and make a subforum for VMs/Containers?

What do you guys think?
Old 17th July 2017, 04:18 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfedorafirefox
Re: A forum for VM/Containers?

Your request isn't out of line, but we have to consider that endless varieties of sub-forums would make it very difficult to navigate or place posts. So, let's let this sit a bit and see if there are a lot of others who feel the need would justify the addition.
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.
Old 17th July 2017, 05:28 PM
bedtime Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: A forum for VM/Containers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Your request isn't out of line, but we have to consider that endless varieties of sub-forums would make it very difficult to navigate or place posts. So, let's let this sit a bit and see if there are a lot of others who feel the need would justify the addition.
Thank you for your timely reply. Sounds fair to me.

Okay guys, if you want it, let them know! I know I would use that forum.

Tags
docker qemu vm forum