Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 14th July 2017, 07:50 PM
jbuckley2004 Offline

linuxchrome
Qupzilla Question

Just installed F26 (KDE. um... easiest install evah - so far, everything seems to be happening as I intended, first time!) and I decided to try Qupzilla. It's a nice, lightweight browser (read, FAST) and seems to have much better memory management than Firefox.

I fully realize that one of the reasons it's fast and lightweight is because unnecessary stuff isn't included. But the one thing I miss is the ability to open multiple tabs. I don't see that it's provided by default or under preferences.

Am I just missing this somewhere? Or is there a plug-in or extention for that facility? Is there a secret government lab that has this along with evidence of aliens from Planet X?

Thanks.
Old 14th July 2017, 10:22 PM
dd_wizard Online

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Qupzilla Question

I installed qupzilla from the fedora repos for F25, and there is a + symbol beside the first tab that opens a new tab. Also there is a tab behavior section in preferences. I can post a screen shot if you like.

dd_wizard
Old 15th July 2017, 05:33 PM
jbuckley2004 Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Qupzilla Question

Thanks for the reply, Wizard. But I wasn't clear.

FF (and Chrome, and Opera and Vivalidi, etc.) have the facility to open multiple tabs with one click on a bookmark folder. That's what I hoped to find. I have a set of 15 comic strips that I like to view every morning, and it's really, really convenient to open all 15 with one click

Now that I've gotten F26 taylored to my specifications, I'm gonna play a bit with Qupzilla to see if maybe there's something in the new-fangled speed-dial new-tab page that lets me open multiple sites at once.