0 Thread(s)

What game are you playing?

i've been playing online chess

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: What game are you playing?

TrackMania United Forever is my main guilty pleasure. I also play some casual games like Bejeweled Twist and Zuma's Revenge. Of the games that ship in the fedora repositories, I like Aisleriot, GNOME Sudoku and GNOME Mahjongg. They're simple but good to unwind with or tax the grey matter as desired through level selections.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Code:
     #####   #     #  ###  ######   ######   #     #
    #     #  #     #   #   #     #  #     #   #   #
    #        #     #   #   #     #  #     #    # #
     #####   #######   #   ######   ######      #
          #  #     #   #   #        #           #
    #     #  #     #   #   #        #           #
     #####   #     #  ###  #        #           #
    OS: Fedora 39 x86_64 | Machine: Lenovo ThinkCentre M91P | CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 (4)@3.30GHz | RAM: 32GB PC3-12800 DDR3 | Disks: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB SATA, Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST1000NM0033 1TB SATA | Video: Intel HD Graphics 2000 128MB | Sound: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz CS4630 | Ethernet: Intel 82579LM

GallComp is offline Nuke 'em Alfred! Administrator - Starring in Bill & Steve's Bogus Journey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BioShock, not on Linux, but on a Mac..

"Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy. "

BILL GATES...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of games come and ago, the ones that stick the most are LFS (sadly only through wine) and agario.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

true, of the ones I listed that aren't in fedora repositories all need WINE emulation and will run. TMUF has a PlayOnLinux profile so installing that is very easy. the others took a bit of trial and error with different WINE settings but I got them working in the end.

BioShock also has PlayOnLinux support although I haven't tried it. Reason being it's best played on hardware with high end graphics so I only play it on another machine I built for gaming specifically. That runs W8.1 Pro. W10 is a complete nightmare as it wants to over ride drivers with what it considers the best version from Windows Update even with Device Driver installation from Windows Update unchecked. That means my system was getting newer drivers for chipset components that weren't really suitable and the nvidia card drivers screwed up every month resulting in me having to clean install them on a regular basis.

If Microsoft want to force people to Sony PS4 they are going about it the right way

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bioshock works just fine in wine. I did my "memory lane" run through it like 6 months ago. Bioshock 2 was working just fine last time I tried as well.

Hmm, it's been quite some time I tried LFS, although I bought the S2 license like 9 years ago.. But w/o a wheel, trying to be really fast on some tracks with powerful rear-wheel car is a PITA. And there is even no rain implemented, if it hasn't changed.

I do my few runs in DriveClub from time to time, because the feel here is great, with a ton of tracks and cars. If you are into the Scottish grey rain lonely roads e.g., take the XKR there, it's a perfect combo for it.
    All tracks can be set to be sunny or with heavy rain, with specific time of day/night and also reversed. It's PS4 only though.

But right now I play only StarCrawlers. Great atmosphere and mechanics involving time units instead of plain turn based combat. And randomly generated missions that actually make sense, as they are generated from a set of variables that will in the end not look idiotic. This part is simply superb, compared to some other mission generators I had an experience with.
    The biggest fun is in the combat where combinations of different abilities of different characters is needed. They differ tremendously and combining different active and passive abilities of different characters is later a must.
    Great fun I haven't had in a long time. Music is from Prunty, guy who made music for FTL. And as before, it's a moody, perfectly fitting music for the game. Gotta give him those few bucks.
    Last edited by Maryyy; 3rd June 2017 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maryyy
    Hmm, it's been quite some time I tried LFS, although I bought the S2 license like 9 years ago.. But w/o a wheel, trying to be really fast on some tracks with powerful rear-wheel car is a PITA. And there is even no rain implemented, if it hasn't changed.
    That is true, but still just steering with a mouse is ton of fun. No, still no rain for you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaah, yeah, the mouse. Hehe, I couldn't use that properly. So I always resorted to the keyboard.

PabloTwo is offline "Fedora User" T-Shirt Winner
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by antikythera
    W10 is a complete nightmare as it wants to over ride drivers with what it considers the best version from Windows Update even with Device Driver installation from Windows Update unchecked. That means my system was getting newer drivers for chipset components that weren't really suitable and the nvidia card drivers screwed up every month resulting in me having to clean install them on a regular basis.
    There is a way, somewhat convoluted, to stop W10 from updating specific drivers. See here.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

thanks I was aware of that method. it only works temporarily in that as soon as an updated version of the same package is released it is no longer hidden. shame you can't trick WU into thinking you have an enterprise SKU without risking bricking the entire installation through the application of other irrelevant packages.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently playing the greatest game of all time:

OS: Fedora 39 x86_64 | Machine: Lenovo ThinkCentre M91P | CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 (4)@3.30GHz | RAM: 32GB PC3-12800 DDR3 | Disks: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB SATA, Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST1000NM0033 1TB SATA | Video: Intel HD Graphics 2000 128MB | Sound: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz CS4630 | Ethernet: Intel 82579LM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SuperTuxKart
    SuperTux
    Pingus
    LinCity-NG

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

mmmm...Seedy Rom

The Simpsons Virtual Springfield in VirtualBox. Here's why

System requirements:

6200ZoQ 731MHz with 271MB RAM
    (319.6 Recommended)
    FrinkOS 97bbx.0011o Vers.33w.94
    33.798MB free hard drive space
    56.3x CD-ROM drive
    {oscillation ratio of 14.9:6 recommended}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From time to time, I play Warzone2100 and No More Room in Hell(Steam game)
    Pietro Pesci Feltri

PowerBook 15" G4 and
    MacBook Pro 17" Intel Core 2 Duo
    Intel I5 Desktop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast